Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redarc

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 6, 2011
I'm wondering again if its still possible.... if any with know can help me to understand this, my question and i need a fast answer if possible.. since i found a very great offer is :

1) i have mac pro 2010 dual 2.4 ghz , i have allready sold 1 of the cpu , leaving the cpu socket b empty and running it from 2 weeks with no problem , my questiong is.. can i put an damm xeon processor with single QPI link in my dual qpi link motherboard? leaving socket b allways empty? and may in 1 or 2 years when price come down , i can sell the single QPI link and put again x2 qpi link cpu?

please i really need an answer from someone that know what is saying.... can't find an answer to this anywhere i hope some here can help !

thank you so much.

p.s= don't tell me to buy or do something different just answer if possible to my question;)

Umbongo

macrumors 601
Sep 14, 2006
England
The few people I've seen report attempts said that it didn't work. It isn't designed to work that way either. So no.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.