Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Schtibbie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 13, 2007
I've looked on Apple's site and also elsewhere and haven't seen any explanation of whether the "single shot HDR" feature in the iPhone 6 and 6+ is something they added to just the facetime camera (front facing), which maybe didn't used to have HDR (?), or if it's for the main rear camera. Or both. Why I care? Well I suppose there are advantage and disadvantages to single-shot and multi-shot.. but with single-shot HDR, at least it doesn't have to take 3 photos while your subjects are moving around. BUT - i've found no documentation that shows what method their rear camera uses.

?

slookx24

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2009
Rear camera. Unless you need wide dynamic range to capture all the nuances and details of your selfies...?

Schtibbie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 13, 2007
Actually the Apple website is clear that they have HDR on the front camera too now. And the keynote said as much too. But they did not say if single shot HDR was rear or front or both which is what I am asking here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.