Sins of a Solar Empire

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by jgw1283, Jan 22, 2009.

1. jgw1283 macrumors regular

jgw1283

Anyone know if this RTS is coming to Mac? Heard its good and would rather get it for mac than run it thru XP.

2. irishgrizzly macrumors 65816

irishgrizzly

Not heard anything. I doubt it will as it's fairly niche. I played it on the PC for a while. Found it kind of boring due to lack of story.

3. kaltsasa macrumors 6502a

I emailed the developers a while back. While they were flattered that there was such interest for a Macintosh version they told me they are focused on creating the best Windows games on the market and developing a top notch digital distribution platform (Impulse) to go with it. I was saddened but it it's a great game and they have a good attitude toward their customers. They didn't seem interested in Ciderizing a Mac version either because it would likely result in a subpar experience. I feel like this game would do pretty well for the mac crowd, it runs on some meager hardware so the Mini's with GMA chips would likely be able to run it. Feral are you listening? PORT THIS GAME.

The game is pretty amazing, I can imagine it getting boring if you just play against the AI but we get 3-6 people together and have some 4-8 hour marathon sessions of this game. Humans are very unpredictable and really amp up the play of this game (especially since there is no story mode persay).

4. Keleko macrumors 68000

I discovered that at medium settings you can actually run Sins of a Solar Empire in a Fusion VM. I didn't play it for long to see how stable or well it really played, but I did get a test game going at least. The initial ship building was smooth enough, so it might work. I'm using an early 2008 Macbook Pro.