SIP-VoIP help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Charliekid21, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Charliekid21 macrumors regular

whenever i am in installer and attempt to install this it downloads all the way and all of that but when the bar at the bottom says installing, installer crashes to the home menu and accomplishes nothing. PLZ HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D

2. Charliekid21 thread starter macrumors regular

ok now nothing will download through installer:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

3. JungMin macrumors newbie

WoW!!!

It actually works!!!!! I just called myself!!!!!!! I dont have a mic, but i could speak into my phone and it came out my headphones!!!!!

This is bloody amazing!!!

Does anyone have a mic?? Where did ya get it???

4. FunkyMonkey macrumors 6502

hmm whenever I type in a number and press call nothing happens. Do I have to buy minutes for it because I thought it was free to the US.

5. JungMin macrumors newbie

You need to sign up at www.freecall.com. Then enter your details and 'sip.voiparound.com' as the registrar.

Then call...Make sure you put the country code at the beginning of the number.

Thats it!!

6. Charliekid21 thread starter macrumors regular

ok well i have it installed now because i redid my ipot completely but when i put in the numbers and hit dial nothing happens and the ipod crashesc=(

7. Charliekid21 thread starter macrumors regular

idk but it sure is fun now that i got it to work!!!! i just need a mic now:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

8. FunkyMonkey macrumors 6502

Ok, so I'm trying to call my number (I live in the US) so I put in 1+Area Code+Number. Right?

9. JungMin macrumors newbie

Yup. Just enter the number, no dashes - 15551234455. Make sure you registered on www.freecall.com. You entered your username and password and the registrar info (see above). Then your set....call away.

10. Nicky-Larson macrumors member

Yes

Yes it is perfectly legal. No foul play here. It's like owning your PC or Mac and deciding toy use skype for calls :D

11. FunkyMonkey macrumors 6502

Ok, thanks. I was able to make it work! Now to get a proper microphone.

12. tinymind macrumors newbie

does this work in the uk? i cannot seem to get it working!!

13. delude macrumors 6502

It does indeed!

Make sure you are signed up to freecall.com, and have downloaded the program. (So you can create an account).

Then enter the info in, and type the number! i think I had to put '0044' on the front, or just 00 or something. Experiment :D

14. tinymind macrumors newbie

mmm done all that but still not working

i have a mac so cannot download the program does that make a difference?

15. tinymind macrumors newbie

this is seriously doing my head in now !! i have tried everything!!!

any suggestions????

16. mattaylwin macrumors newbie

Using version 1.1 in uk

Im also having trouble using this in the uk! most times, when i click connect to sip server, it crashes and doesnt do anything, but sometimes after about a min, it connects. but even when connected, and i type in a phone number, it doesnt ring! iv tried using 44, 00, 0044, etc but nopthing!! ive downloaded the program to my pc and registered.. im using free call so should the sip server be domain sip.voiparound.com and should the reg timeout be 55 (im in the uk!!!) thanks

17. tinymind macrumors newbie

hi

i have just downloaded the new 1.1 and it is working now, still a bit temperamental but at least it connects

18. grandeabc macrumors member

grandeabc

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3A110a Safari/419.3)

I try to buy credits at freecall.com but they ask to install an *.exe file at my mac, but mac's do not run exe files . How to trick this step?

19. Domofloge macrumors regular

Domofloge

Got enough smilies?? haha

20. goshwil macrumors newbie

I live in Canada and I've tried using sip-voip many times and it hasnt worked once for me, I've made like 5 accounts for different voip sites (including freecall) and it still hadnt worked. what can I do to make it work?