SIP-VoIP inquiry

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Darkjenso, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Darkjenso macrumors regular

Heya all,

I just received my mic in the post but i'm having a few issues with SIP-VoIP phone and i was wondering if anyone could offer a hand.

I'm using the Gizmo project as the provider and i have the registrar for gizmoproject: proxy01.sipphone.com

anyhoo, a few issues i am having is that i dial in my phone number (in the UK) and nothing seems to happen. more to the point, the "hang-up" button also doesnt seem to work, it doesnt work so i try pressing the hang up button but nothing happens

maybe its somthing how i am typing in the number, the help page on the gizmo page here does a few suggestions, but to no avail

does anyone else have any experience with this that can lend a hand?

2. brando06 macrumors regular

How come no one can help with this. I am having the same trouble. I have checked the touchmods site and it says you have to go to the SIP so that your router knows. But i can't figure out if what i am doing is right?? Steps please!!

3. aross1 macrumors newbie

a but of help...

i had the same problem.

i saw on the touchmods faq that sometimes the network cannot resolve proxy01.sipphone.com for some reason, so pinging it helps to connect.
    i pinged it but it did not connect still, so i just replaced 'proxy01.sipphone.com' with the ip address associated with the CNAME: 198.65.166.131

now i can connect properly and dial numbers (nothing happens when you were dialing because you weren't actually connected)

the problem, though, is that every proper number that i dial in the form of (country code)+(area code)+(number) gives me the "the number cannot be completed as dialed..." message
    if i drop off the country and area codes, then i can call, but it is only calling a gizmo project user with a 1-747 number, not an actual phone.

i installed the gizmo project program to look at my dialed calls and i see that if i dial from the program it works and lists the call as '+1-(area code)-(number)'.

for some reason, though, it lists the numbers i dial from the ipod as 'sip:01(area code)(number)@198.65.166.131'

i hope this is at least a /little/ helpful even though i am still unsuccessful.