Sir + Ford Sync - WTB Bluetooth "start talking to siri" button...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Virance, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Virance macrumors regular

For anyone curious, Siri works great with Ford Sync. However, you do have to hold down the home button to start talking to her (then she should come on over Ford Sync as if it was a bluetooth headset - reading you everything and not expecting you to look at the screen at all).

The only issue is that in my cars (my Mustang included) the "phone" area is closed off, making pressing that button a bit impractical.

I'd love to see some sort of Bluetooth "home button" that I could stick somewhere easily in reach in my car. Sadly Ford Sync doesn't have any generic bluetooth button, it wants to do everything itself.

2. mlad1101 macrumors regular

This is the case on every car made with built in bluetooth...

3. terraphantm macrumors 68040

Same issue with my BMW... The built in button wants to use the car's built in voice function. I usually just keep my phone in my pocket so pressing the home button isn't as big of an issue

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Vw golf u hold the mic button

5. Virance thread starter macrumors regular

Appears to be, yea - just hooked it up with my dads GMC Sierra and it works great there as well.