SIR: G4 CRT Yellow Screen?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by bigmacadmin, Nov 30, 2007.

1. bigmacadmin macrumors newbie

Hi all,

New here to MacRumors..... Need a little help. As the title states, I have a G4 eMac(all white sort of cone shaped) that has a screen that is progressively getting worse. User says it has been gradually getting worse since the Summer. Has a very heavy yellow overtone on any window in the foreground, and some blue etching in the background. I did a search and found plenty of info re: the LCD iMac, but found nothing about this in the eMac? I ran the colorSync utility, and no dice. Any help is appreciated.

bigMacAdmin

2. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

Well one of the colors has either gone out or is going. This can be caused by the eMacs video card or the monitor itself. About two years ago my sisters G4 tower had a similar issue (green instead of yellow) and the video card had a bad color channel.

Since this has been occurring gradually it sounds like the monitors blue channel is going out. You might be able to find a replacement screen for fairly cheap on ebay or you could just buy a cheap external LCD.

3. bigmacadmin thread starter macrumors newbie

I thought I'd try hooking it up to an external monitor, but of course I don't have the correct dongle. Macs. :rolleyes: