siri acting slow and not connecting

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by Andy2295, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Andy2295 macrumors newbie

Today Siri is taking a very long time to answer my questions and sometimes even says its having trouble connecting to the network. However im on wifi and can easily browse internet no problem on it. Could this be a bad connection with apple servers?

2. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

I have been having the same problem but just every once and a while. Not too worried about it. I assume it is something with the Apple servers. If it does happen I just try again it it'll work the second time mostly.

3. Andy2295 thread starter macrumors newbie

i cant even get it to work lately... keeps saying its having trouble connecting to the network even though my wifi is working perfectly

4. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

maybe you should check out the forum first...lotta posts regarding this.

day after launch...might be server problems

5. Andy2295 thread starter macrumors newbie

i couldnt find any could u possible link the page?

6. wirawee macrumors member

I had this problem for several hours last night. I turned the phone off and then turned it back on and that fixed the problem. Give it a try if you haven't already. Specifically, this fixed the "couldn't find the network" problem.

7. ipoddin macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

Look in the iphone forum. Several threads about this. Probably just a million or so people all hitting the servers at the same time.

8. gnagy macrumors regular

What's sad is that the old voice controls didn't require a data connection. Siri should be able to call people without the Internet.

Yes, one can turn Siri off, but it's a pain to have to toggle that manually.

9. monksealpup macrumors regular

This. Clearly the algorithm needs a check to see whether it should connect to the network first. "Call Joe" can be handled locally.