SIRI aka SKYNET

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by salacious, Oct 6, 2011.

1. salacious macrumors 6502a

is SIRI the birth of what terminator films describe as SKYNET, whats your thoughts, because if siri learns what you say then whats next? will we see a real i-robot, what advanced features would you like siri to do? what if it could recognise email gestures as in when someones asking something or if someone is being angry in an email and it automatically replied without referring to you, is SIRI the stepping stone for Iphone 5? a phone that with one button readies itself for your command and does whatever the hell you want it to, "siri buy 2 pints of milk full fat from asda" siri then buys it using your stored details, what if it had the control to send auto emails using your past messages to a particular someone, as in your girlfriend, it would recognise gestures such as hey babe or hello beautiful and love you at the end with couple of xxx's

you probably dont think much of it, but i have a feeling that siri could have a bigger role to play and at the moment the iphone 4s is the beta module to test out what more people want from it.... its scary but at the same time exciting...

2. gillybean macrumors 6502a

Only if it's so successful that the government decides to make it the voice interface to the nuclear arsenal.

3. salacious thread starter macrumors 6502a

the potential is there... and if siri had a ever growing brain database, then whats to stop it from using its own commands on its own will using remembered gestures...

4. Texxy macrumors 6502

Texxy

5. tamvly macrumors 6502a

tamvly

that's right up there with other things that keep me up at night

6. salacious thread starter macrumors 6502a

imagine if siri told your gf to F off coz she kept arguing with you or something...scenario *your arguing with your girlfriend on the phone, siri recognises the aggressive behaviour due to gesture patterns, it ends the call and diverts all her calls and bars you from calling her back, "siri call my girlfriend", "im sorry sir this is not possible for your own good i cannot comply and suggest you take a break" .......pissed

7. Jett0516 macrumors 6502a

Jett0516

I find Siri more like ARIIA from the movie Eagel Eye.

Excellent movie if anyone haven't seen it.

8. salacious thread starter macrumors 6502a

havent seen it whats it do?

9. blevins321 macrumors 68030

You'll get a random call to impersonate your brother to unlock Siri's capabilities. The call will be from a middle-aged attractive woman with a voice filter. You will do what she says, otherwise there will be consequences. Jewelry, military aircraft, and Billy Bob Thornton abounds will not be able to stop you from your lofty quest.

10. deeddawg macrumors 604

Alternate Siri voices would be fun. GLaDOS, Sean Connery, etc.

11. blevins321 macrumors 68030

What's the voice currently sound like? The default Apple screen-reading voice on OSX?

12. salacious thread starter macrumors 6502a

whats the most messed up thing (if siri started acting on its own) could do to you?

13. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

I'm so down for this one...:D "Shuck it, Trebek!"

14. salacious thread starter macrumors 6502a

Alan Carr could you imagine loool youd smash it lol, personally the best all time voice would be from manuel from fawlty towers.... "siri book my hotel for 6pm on the 3rd of november" ................................siri replies "que?"..."siri book my damn room" ....siri says..."hotel near damn no problemo"..."siri book my hotel room for 6pm!!!"........siri says "si... my name is manuel, i am from barcelona" "SIRI!!!!" siri says...."i know..nuttthinngg..." lol

15. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

OP, please give us more things that you think Siri could morph into. I like your thinking, seriously. It's hilarious (in a good way).

16. salacious thread starter macrumors 6502a

lol ok ummm... il give three scenarios..

*siri falls in love with you after developing an app for itself called emotions, while developing using this app it becomes increasingly jealous with your messages to your loved one and decides to use learned gestures from you and devises either one of these two plans.

Plan one
    siri reads a message from your girlfriend saying she is pregnant or getting married, these keywords trigger a skynet response as ruining your life, one of the three laws of robots to protect human life and if needed do anything to protect that human life, so it decides to call police using pre-recorded words that it has kept of you, siri says in a exhausting panting breath simulating you " I NEED THE POLICE!!" my girlfriend just shot me with a baby 8, shes trying to kill me please get here as soon as you can, shes locked me in her flat im in the bathroom please do something" - "armed police will be dispatched right away sir" - siri then calls your girlfriend "hey babe im coming over with a bunch of guys and were having a spit roast and your the meat", gf goes mad siri blocks all calls and messages to your phone from her, then as police bang on the door and shout open the door, she screams go F yourself the police then warn her that she'll be shot if she doesnt open the door with her hands raised slowly up then lowers herself to the floor, shes absolutely disgusted thinking your referring to sexual inuendos, she says go to hell.....BANG BANG BANG.....

Plan two

SIRI detects weather reports indicates which area will have the most probability of thunder, then sends a message to your girlfriends iphone - "hey babe please meet me at this location xxxxx i have a big surprise for you" she then goes to that location siri then makes her iphone emit a high frequency wave which attracts the thunder to it using technology that it stole from a military base... then calls her.......POWWWWWWW