Siri and Apple Maps - Hidden Features.

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by SimonTheSoundMa, Nov 23, 2012.

1. SimonTheSoundMa macrumors 6502a

Using Apple Maps to route me to my destination. Stuck in traffic, so I tried asking Siri "ahh crap, traffic!", it showed me an overview of traffic in my area and then worked out a new route for me.

Still, the destination I entered got me 1/2 a mile out from where it was supposed to be. I had to go back to Waze. :rolleyes:

Any more features people can think of?

2. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

These aren't really hidden but

-How long until I arrive?
    -When is the next turn?
    -How many miles remaining?

3. shenfrey macrumors 68000

Siri recognised the word traffic, that's how Siri works by picking out keywords and putting them together logically. It's really quite clever, but siri doesn't really understand 90% of the words you say. Makes Siri sound less sexy really don't it? Lol

4. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

I asked her the same question and she answered: Hee Hee!
    Da bit€h!!!

5. v0n macrumors member

Problem of course is, Siri has very bad background noise filtering, which is crucial for in-car commands and I think there is something with compression when it sends your siri command back to mothership via 3G connection which in effect means 9 out of 10 times Siri just doesn't understand anything I shout at her in the car.
    It fails on keywords as well, I lost count of times when I started command with "Tell my wife that..." just for Siri to interrupt me and respond with "v0n, I don't know what you mean by "tell wi-fi". Identical command works perfectly every time at home, even with music in the background.

6. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

I laughed to myself reading how Siri doesn't understand anything you "shout" to her while driving in the car. I was recently driving next to a car in commute traffic only to glance over to see the driver clentching his phone in front of his beat red snarl contorted face --- screaming. I chuckled thinking he might be having some sort of communication breakdown with Siri. Siri might need a protective order.