Siri and Bluetooth Stereo

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by dwd3885, Mar 28, 2012.

1. dwd3885, Mar 28, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2012

dwd3885 macrumors 68020

I have a third-party Britelink Bluetooth adapter for my car. I plug in a 3.5mm audio cable into the audio-in port in my car and it becomes bluetooth. Now, when I use Siri, I THINK it thinks there is a microphone connected to my bluetooth or it's trying to use my bluetooth (which the third party adapter doesn't have a microphone). Is there any way for Siri to use the Speakerphone functionality in this instance? Am I making since?

2. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

It sounds like the adapter your using doesn't allow for speakerphone use. If that is the case then you probably have to switch your audio source of the iPhone if it's connected to the bluetooth car kit and you want to use Siri.

I have a Belkin Aircast in my car and it works pretty good. The problem for me is that I have a Jeep with a hardtop and on the highway it can still be loud. Listening to music is great but if I get a call I sometimes need to switch my audio source to the iPhone and turn on the speakerphone to use that hands free. The mic on the Belkin picks up too much background noise. Same thing for Siri. I can hit the button on the Belkin to activate Siri but if it's loud in the Jeep then Siri might not understand me completely.