Siri and Calendar Events

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by jjo, Oct 22, 2011.

1. jjo macrumors member

jjo

I'm still impressed how functional Siri is. But I uncounted a "hiccup" that has me confused.

I put a haircut appointment on November 17. The entry is simply, "Haircut 5:15".

I ask Siri, "When's my next haircut appointment?" She says, "November 17th".

Neat.

I then add my doctor appointment for March 26. The entry is again, simply "Doctor 5:00".

I ask, "When is my next doctor appointment?" She says, "I don't see any appointment about 'doctor'."

Odd. It worked for "haircut".

I tried wording my question differently, even changing the entry, but Siri never tells me about my doctor's appointment.

Thoughts?

2. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

Same here. When i asked for "dentist appointment" i got nothing but "meeting with dentist" worked Try asking differently.

3. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

I set my work address a 100 times, and when I say remind me when I get to work, sometimes she'll say...I don't have any work address for you...annoying!

Also 75% of the time my location based reminders will only go off when I unlock the phone.

4. jjo thread starter macrumors member

jjo

I *think* it's because my doctor appointment was too far into the future. March 26, 2012.

I made a doctor's appointment for next month and it seems to work.

Perhaps Siri only looks 30 or 60 days ahead.