Siri and carkits

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dtdyer01, Oct 8, 2011.

1. dtdyer01 macrumors member

I know this may be difficult to answer, but just interested in your thoughts.

Currently my iphone4 is connected to my Parrot Bluetooth carkits which is linked in with the car stereo. However when I use voice dialling, it won't recognise my voice, I have to learn in towards the iphone mount to say a name.

The voice dialing only takes commands from the iPhones own mic and not utilising the mics placed around the car from the Parrot.
    I'm hoping that this is fixed with iOS 5. However I'm on beta 7 and it still not working.

Your thoughts welcome as I'm sure I'm not the only person who drives thinking Siri would be incredibly useful

2. forza69 macrumors 6502a

forza69

Yeah I would be interested in knowing this as well. I have Ford Sync in my car and would love to be able to use Siri through Sync.

3. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Was driving around earlier wondering about this subject myself.

4. mikepro macrumors 6502

Don't count on that. Not how Sync work.

5. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Check your firmware in the Parrot, and the settings for voice dialing. I had my MKi9200 set to voice dial through the phone, default is for the Parrot to listen to your voice and dial from Parrot memory but there was a setting to "pass through" the voice commands.

Can't say whether it would work with Siri commands or not.

6. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Over Bluetooth it should providing as above the settings are correct! It listens over a Bluetooth headset so I don't see why not!

7. neile45 macrumors regular

It should be interesting. I have a BlueAnt s4, and I can say "phone commands", hopefully that will pull up Siri and let me control it from there.

8. Paulyboy macrumors 6502

Did you ever find out if the BlueAnt S4 does work with Siri?

-PN

9. josh bear macrumors regular

If I hold the phone dial button on my steering wheel when the iPhone is connected to the car via Bluetooth, then Siri activates and can be used.

Very useful

Josh