Siri and development of iPhone apps

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by MatteoV, May 23, 2017.

1. MatteoV macrumors member

Hi,
    1. Can Siri launch a home shortcut in the same way it opens an application when user says the name of the application?
    2. What do you recommend for the development of iPhone's apps using a Computer (Windows, Mac, Linux, etc...)? Any IDE for which platform?
    Thanks
    Matteo

2. MatteoV thread starter macrumors member

I can't believe nobody can answer...Someone? Some hints? Some suggestions?

3. MatteoV thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for the link, I've not read it before. So: only XCode, that works only under Mac.

Question: can I use virtual machine to use XCode?

Question: must I pay to develop an app with XCode and to try it on my phone (I don't want to sell the app)?

Question: about Siri that can or cannot launch a home shortcut with voice can you help me? Can Siri do it?

Thanks so much

4. PhoneyDeveloper macrumors 68040

PhoneyDeveloper

By Virtual Machine I assume you mean a dual boot computer. I don't know the answer from personal experience. If it can run MacOS I expect it can run Xcode but I'm not sure. Connection to iOS devices uses USB connectors so that has to work. But I really don't know.

I think Apple now allows free accounts that can put apps onto a phone, but I haven't done that.

Obviously this isn't a Siri forum but here's what I know. You can ask Siri to open apps so you can probably ask her to open a shortcut. You can say "Open Mail" "Open Settings" etc. What happened when you tried it?

5. MatteoV thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for your reply,
    I will try to use mac virtual machine with virtual box and XCode.

About Siri, I have a home shortcut (that is a workflow shortcut created with the app Workflow) named "info" (the icon has the name "info") and no apps I installed are named like the shortcut, but I cant launch the workflow "info" when I say "Hey Siri, launch info". Can you suggest me something?

Thank you very much

6. MatteoV thread starter macrumors member

Some idea, suggestion, hint about Siri and Home Shortcuts?