Siri and dictation and sending text

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by mebehere, Oct 14, 2016.

1. mebehere macrumors 6502

Hi. I'm sorry if this has been asked before. Just got my series 0 watch. Updated to os3.

When I summon Siri to send a new text, tap the dictate icon, say what I wanna say, how do I actually send it?

There's a cancel button but no send button. I've read that just turning the watch down will send it, but that doesn't work.

A little help? Thanks.

2. blwade macrumors 6502a

If I use Siri to type out the message, it takes a while to send...

If I open and hit the dictation button, I have a send button and it's instant (as expected).

I think Siri sending a message needs to be worked on for the watch...

3. mebehere thread starter macrumors 6502

I agree. With the actual messages app, when you dictate, there's a send button. Doing it through Siri is a mystery. Just need a send button. Or something.

Anyone else have any luck?

4. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Being the Apple Watch heavily relies on Siri for various tasks, it's definitely an evolving project. I think Siri is headed in the right direction with the Apple Watch. Siri needs more speed and efficiency.

5. mebehere thread starter macrumors 6502

I find her fast enough. Just can't figure out how to send a text after I've dictated it. Seems like such a fixable thing.

6. SteveJobs2.0 macrumors 6502a

I find that if I press the crown to turn off the face it will send the message. But yes, this is confusing. Same with needing to press a button to dictate after asking Siri to send a message. Why have the extra step to press the button to begin recording?

7. mebehere thread starter macrumors 6502

I agree. I don't see the need for the dictate button either. I'll try pressing the crown to send. Thanks for the tip.

8. tromboneaholic macrumors 68000

tromboneaholic

Press the crown and say "send"

9. mebehere thread starter macrumors 6502

I actually tried just pressing the crown and it worked. Thanks everyone.