Siri and dictation and sending text

mebehere

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
Hi. I'm sorry if this has been asked before. Just got my series 0 watch. Updated to os3.

When I summon Siri to send a new text, tap the dictate icon, say what I wanna say, how do I actually send it?

There's a cancel button but no send button. I've read that just turning the watch down will send it, but that doesn't work.

A little help? Thanks.

blwade

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
If I use Siri to type out the message, it takes a while to send...

If I open and hit the dictation button, I have a send button and it's instant (as expected).

I think Siri sending a message needs to be worked on for the watch...

mebehere

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
I agree. With the actual messages app, when you dictate, there's a send button. Doing it through Siri is a mystery. Just need a send button. Or something.

Anyone else have any luck?

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
If I use Siri to type out the message, it takes a while to send...

If I open and hit the dictation button, I have a send button and it's instant (as expected).

I think Siri sending a message needs to be worked on for the watch...
Being the Apple Watch heavily relies on Siri for various tasks, it's definitely an evolving project. I think Siri is headed in the right direction with the Apple Watch. Siri needs more speed and efficiency.

mebehere

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
Being the Apple Watch heavily relies on Siri for various tasks, it's definitely an evolving project. I think Siri is headed in the right direction with the Apple Watch. Siri needs more speed and efficiency.
I find her fast enough. Just can't figure out how to send a text after I've dictated it. Seems like such a fixable thing.

SteveJobs2.0

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
I find that if I press the crown to turn off the face it will send the message. But yes, this is confusing. Same with needing to press a button to dictate after asking Siri to send a message. Why have the extra step to press the button to begin recording?

mebehere

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
I agree. I don't see the need for the dictate button either. I'll try pressing the crown to send. Thanks for the tip.

mebehere

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
I actually tried just pressing the crown and it worked. Thanks everyone.