Siri and directions bug

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by CavemanUK, Jul 19, 2012.

1. CavemanUK macrumors 6502

CavemanUK

I'm sure this is probably a bug and will be fixed but I wanted to know if anyone else has had this issue or if there's a workaround.

In my address book I have myself with my home address and work address labelled obviously as home and work!

If I ask Siri to give me directions to home I works great. But if I ask for directions to work it says it can't find a work address for me. Yet if I ask Siri for my work address it is displayed. This is the same for other peoples addresses. They are definitely in the address book but Siri says it can't find an Address for them.

Anyone fixed this?

Please don't reply with "it's a beta". I know it is and I accept it is. I know it will probably be fixed when released. I'm not even complaining. I'm just curious if someone has a workaround?

2. chrisu91 macrumors regular

Go to work, open Maps, tap on the blue dot (your current location), and add that location to your contact. I found that if you type "First Street" it will not find it but if you change it to "1 St" it will. Could be a similar situation. Give that a go.

3. CavemanUK thread starter macrumors 6502

CavemanUK

Thanks for the reply. I will try that but I think its more related to the label of the address rather than the address itself. the address itself works great if i tap it or choose it as a bookmark in maps. Its Siri that doesnt seem to find the address itself. It seems that its not looking at the label "work" for address even though it says "i cant find cavemanuk - work". I tried changing the label of the address to "office" and it does seem to know the difference but still says it cant find that address in the contacts. If you tap it manually, maps itself finds it.

To sum up..

If I delete my work address from my contact details and ask siri to show me my work address it says "I dont have your work address"

If I add my work address and ask again it says "heres your work address" and shows it. you can tap on that address and be taken to maps where you can click on turn-by-turn. so thats a workaround as such.

If I then go back to Siri and say "give me directions to work" it says "I couldnt find an address for CavemanUK - Work"