Siri and "hey Siri" stop working unless I keep restarting

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Jamesk811, May 2, 2015.

1. Jamesk811 macrumors 6502

Is this a bug or a defective watch? It keeps happening regularly. It works fine for an hour but then when I say "hey Siri" or hold down digital crown Siri won't work at all. Either nothing will happen or Siri will start listening but will get frozen. Anyone else having same issues? I've tried resetting Apple watch but still occurs. The only fix is constantly restarting my watch which is kinda annoying.

2. NotSafeForWork macrumors regular

NotSafeForWork

Mine does the same. Version 1.0 software. Hopefully fixed in 1.1.

3. maconut macrumors member

Just wondering if you have a lot of third party apps on your watch. If you delete them does the Siri issue persist? I'm wondering if we'll see other glitches that will be fixed as all the software improves.

4. Anglepoise macrumors newbie

I have found that Siri works well when close to the phone, but as I increase the distance from the phone, Siri's reliability gets worse.

5. Dmaynard83 macrumors 6502a

Dmaynard83

"hey siri" only works when you raise your wrist for about 6 seconds. If your still on your phone after that 6 second period it won't work, you will have to flick/drop your wrist to reawaken it.

6. KOH macrumors member

Yerrrrrrp Happens over here too

7. chrismac2 macrumors regular

chrismac2

Happened to me too recently. I've had my watch since April 24th, and today, May 15th is the first time I've restarted it.

Siri had stopped working completely. Hey Siri wouldn't respond (yes I had just raised my wrist and the face was on). Siri wouldn't even work when I held in the digital crown.

When holding in the digital crown, the face would change as if Siri was listening, but my voice did not appear to register.

After restarting the watch, Siri, and "Hey Siri" both work fine again. OS 1.0 bugs, I'm sure it will get better over time.

8. simonx314 macrumors regular

Siri was super flaky until I called Apple. They had me unpair in the iPhone app, repair and restore from backup. It took about 15 minutes and now Siri works great. I did have to add my credit cards to Apple Pay again but otherwise all my apps and settings were completely restored, so it was not much of a burden at all to unpair/repair.