Siri and iMessage randomness.

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by DJEmergency, Aug 9, 2014.

1. DJEmergency, Aug 9, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2014

DJEmergency macrumors regular

This past week I've been having a weird problem. For some reason Siri would start trying to listen into what I'm saying and when using iMessage sometimes it would start recording my voice randomly. This happens maybe every couple of days randomly. I know this can't be a hardware issue, but it concerns me...

This might have started happening when I installed the FB messenger app...

EDIT: I'm going to uninstall fb messenger to see if it solves the problem.

2. mizxco macrumors 6502a

mizxco

3. DJEmergency thread starter macrumors regular

It is off....

4. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

When I had iOS 8 (B1) it would often send 'recorded' messages. They were usually 0:00 or 0:01 in length. Don't know what triggers that bug but it did happen. Never had an issue with the Siri comment. I'm thinking it's actually a keyboard bug and not the functionality themselves.

And, for the record, 'Hey Siri' only listens when connected to external power.

5. vanilla.coffee macrumors member

Mine works without external power. 5s on Beta 5
    Once Siri is activated with the home button, she responds to 'hey siri' without any further button presses. Was the same on Beta 4 as well.

6. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

Do you have a battery case?

7. BrettDS macrumors 65816

The point of "Hey Siri" is that you don't need to activate Siri with the home button. The phone can just be sitting on the table and plugged in and if you say "Hey Siri" then she will activate and listen to you. You could always say "Hey Siri" after Siri was activated:)

8. DJEmergency thread starter macrumors regular

Since I removed Facebook messages app it has been gone. No more randomness. I think Apple needs to look closely at what's in the FB app. Something doesn't seem right.

9. DJEmergency thread starter macrumors regular

UPDATE: It's been over a week now and I no longer receive this issue after I removed the Facebook Messenger App. I contacted Apple about this issue and I wait for their reply. I'll keep this post updated.