Siri and iMessage

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bex206, Oct 12, 2011.

1. bex206 macrumors member

I apologise if this has already been answered somewhere

With Siri you can say "text" someone and it texts them, but will this also work with iMessage?

2. bmms8 macrumors 68020

i was also wondering the same thing, i think it will send an imessage automatically.

3. modit macrumors 6502

It should I would think...

4. Gatteau macrumors 6502a

Yes, since iMessage is integrated in your text app. Take a look at this thread.

5. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Imessages are not a separate thing! I think people miss understand the concept. The magical ios5 knows that the device your sending to can accept an message and sends that automatically. However if said device fails to receive item it will send as a txt message after five minutes!

So when u tell Siri to txt u don't need to worry. If imessage is available it'll be sent as such!

6. mrockm01 macrumors regular

mrockm01

i think saying "text" would mean the same thing as the default message. So if they are iMessage capable, then it would send as an iMessage or else it would be sms

7. bex206 thread starter macrumors member

8. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

Pretty sure you can also just say message. That gets rid of the pre-conceived notion that it only works over texting

9. Boxsmasher macrumors newbie

You know this is all a mute point now that the big carriers counteracted the imessage from apple by making their text plans either none or unlimimted for $20.. no in between plans like they use too. It really sucks, so now every text plan will be basically unlimited for the heft price...

10. NorfolkMustard macrumors regular

not everywhere

11. JasonR macrumors 6502a

JasonR

Yeah I noticed with my Verizon account it was either unlimited texting or none. Frustrating...but at least iMessage / Phone manufacturers are changing things. The ability to send an iMessage from any iOS device is cool...too bad it didn't work on OS X. I only have and need one iOS device...my iPhone.

12. parseckadet macrumors 6502a

parseckadet

If you're going to use a word, please at least use the correct one.

moot /mo͞ot/
    Adjective:
    Subject to debate, dispute, or uncertainty, and typically not admitting of a final decision.
    Verb:
    Raise (a question or topic) for discussion; suggest (an idea or possibility).
    Synonyms:
    adjective. debatable - disputable - controversial - arguable
    verb. discuss - debate - dispute - canvass - talk over - argue

mute /myo͞ot/
    Verb:
    Deaden, muffle, or soften the sound of.
    Adjective:
    Refraining from speech or temporarily speechless.
    Noun:
    A person without the power of speech.
    Synonyms:
    silent - speechless - voiceless - tongue-tied

13. pradaprince macrumors newbie

Send text to someone for a later date

Hey Guys,
    I am new on this forum. I was just curious about the ability to send someone a text message for a later date. EX: Let's say it is 8am on a friday and its my wife's birthday on sunday. Can I ask Siri to send a text to my wife saying "Happy Birthday" at 12am on Sunday but do it on Friday?

That would be a amazing to be able to do that. I am sure it will keep alot of guys out of the dog house....lol :D