Siri and iTunes include Shazam? 2 Questions

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by TheSponge81, Jan 25, 2012.

1. TheSponge81 macrumors newbie

1) Does anyone think apple should include a Shazam-like feature natively into iTunes and iOS?

Apple would be able to incorporate this feature seemlessly into Siri.

2) Would this help resolve one of Siri's main problems: recognizing commands when music is playing in the background?

More specifically, my question is directed to coders. If Siri had the capability to recognize ambient noise as a particular song, couldn't the program then ignore that information? Siri could then "conentrate" only on what I am saying, and react accordingly? Yes? No?

Perhaps Siri could then take that background song info and save it in my iTunes, letting me know the song's name the next time I load iTunes.

P.s. Taking this further.... could Apple then apply Shazam technology to TV? Meaning they could record every program being aired (and people dont' comment saying apple can't record EVERY program. Record most of them, at least). Then when I use Siri while watching TV the same as above could apply. Siri could recognize the sounds in the background as ESPN's First Take, or Seinfeld, or Boardwalk Empire, and ignore them. This would work for any program rerun, any program being aired at a later timezone, or any DVR'd program.

2. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

I want to start with #2 first, because background noise reduction and Music tagging are two completely different elements. It wouldn't help at all.

As for #1, I wouldn't mind seeing a Shazam-like integrated Service for iDevices and iTunes. I actually think they could integrate it into the Apple notebooks, for say when you're in a coffee shop a notification will come up and say "This is the song that's playing". Kinda ridiculous but I like that idea. I don't use Shazam often but there are times when i wish I had the app already installed before that commercial ends.