Siri and location-based reminders

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Chesterismydog, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Chesterismydog, Nov 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2012

Chesterismydog macrumors newbie

Hello Macrumors

I am need of your help. I am having problems with Siri and reminders, where I specify a location.

When I tell Siri to set me a reminder when I leave, or arrive at a specific place, like home or work, we get stuck in an endless loop. For example:

Me: "Remind me to call mum when I get home"
    Siri: "Ok, I'll remind you to ring <mum's name>. When do you want to be reminded?"
    Me: "When I get home"
    Siri: "I can remind you at a specific time, or when you leave or arrive somwhere: here, home, work, school, or gym (yours or someone else's). When would you like to be reminded?"
    Siri: "I can remind you at a specific time, or when you leave or arrive somwhere: here, home, work, school, or gym (yours or someone else's). When would you like to be reminded?" [Someome else's gym? Really!?]

And so the cycle repeats.

It is the same whether I say "get" "arrive" "at".

Ive had a look through these forums and ive confirmed the following:

> Location services are enabled
    > Siri knows where I live, and work
    > I have a contact for both work and home, with the addresses specified
    > Siri knows who I am
    > Siri understands what I am saying as it comes up on the screen
    > If I add the reminder manually and specify "Arriving: Work" or "Arriving: Home", the reminder pops up when I arrive at that location
    > Reminders are switched off for my exchange email accounts, and on for iCloud

Any ideas? It's driving me nutty!

Cheers

[​IMG]

2. Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

the only thing that comes to mind:

are you sure your address is written in your contact file in a way that Apple maps understands it?

i've had to tweak a few addresses when moving from Google Maps to Apple maps because Apple maps somewhat got confused at the way i had typed addresses in the past.

When you click on your contact address - does it show correctly on Apple maps?

3. Chesterismydog thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, about as correctly as apple maps gets, but yes.