Siri assumes which language I want

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by iFanaddic, Apr 25, 2015.

1. iFanaddic macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

Siri often assumes I want to speak to someone in a certain language but only with certain people, my predefined responses are in French (although these people texted me in English, but I sometimes speak to them in French) and when I dictate my response in English (for Siri to translate into words) She writes gibberish of whatever French word she could make out of my English sentence.

I would be very happy to have the choice between both, but now siri is just deciding for me.

(btw I thought it could have something to do with the keyboard language in the iPhone but it is set to English and I still get French answers.?? What's going on??

2. iregret macrumors 6502

That would be difficult to engineer properly. You pick a single language for a reason.

3. iFanaddic thread starter macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

I did pick a language. English. It's siri that is assuming stuff

my mom just texted me

"Did you finish work?"

I get the choice between "Oui" or "Non"

WTF? My watch is set to english

4. ohio.emt macrumors 6502a

What do you have it set to under settings>general>Language & Region, also what language do you have siri set to?

5. iregret macrumors 6502

Oh, my bad. I misunderstood.

Yeah, I don't know about that. Try checking settings on the phone and the watch to make sure you have the same thing checked?

6. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

What about in your messages conversation with her on your iPhone?

From the user guide:

7. iFanaddic thread starter macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

In WatchOS beta 2, when using iMessage on the Apple Watch if you force touch during dictation you can choose your language. (Language was previously set according to the keyboard being used on iPhone with this specific contact.)
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435163973.333844.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435163997.162342.jpg
    Pictures are taken with iPhone screenshots on AW seem to be broken for me in beta 2. I tried looking for a toggle ON/OFF.. But nope..