Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tomi03

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 8, 2015
Genève. Suisse
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Why is Siri draining my battery while is off? I already tried to turn on/off Siri, and restart the phone

Reactions: SSAJ

tomi03

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 8, 2015
Genève. Suisse
That shows usage from the last 24 hours or more even (depending on the tab). Have you had Siri disabled for at least a full day without re-enabling and disabling it again? Also, have you used anything like dictation?

Yes, all the time, I never use Siri or dictation. It shows the last 24 hours because I did a hard reset to fix it, and still is draining my battery

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Yes, all the time, I never use Siri or dictation. It shows the last 24 hours because I did a hard reset to fix it, and still is draining my battery

Just because its there, doesn't mean its actually draining your battery. It says 6% but tap on it. How many minutes did it use? I've guessing 1-2 minutes.

Rok73

macrumors 65816
Apr 21, 2015
Planet Earth
Dude 6% of what? At least tap the clock symbol to see how many minutes it used. And if it's only a couple of minutes from the whole thing why even care about it?

tomi03

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 8, 2015
Genève. Suisse
Dude 6% of what? At least tap the clock symbol to see how many minutes it used. And if it's only a couple of minutes from the whole thing why even care about it?

I did and there's no minutes, seconds, anything. Yes it cares to me because the battery is drained by Siri while is off and not used at all

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I did and there's no minutes, seconds, anything. Yes it cares to me because the battery is drained by Siri while is off and not used at all
From day to day does that stat change for Siri (as in being less of a percentage or anything like that)?

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
If there is no minutes, then no battery is used. Did you do what I suggested?

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Well not exactly, I just tried a hard reset for third time and it worked

Doesn't mean the issue won't return. You may want to verify with what I posted above in the link.

How do you know it worked so quickly? It takes 24 hours of those stats to reset in your battery preferences.

jaredelguay

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2009
Do you have an Apple Watch? I have this same problem, but only when I have my Watch paired. I have Siri completely disabled, no dictation, etc., but whenever my Watch is paired, Siri inevitably shows up as using battery.

tomi03

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 8, 2015
Genève. Suisse
Do you have an Apple Watch? I have this same problem, but only when I have my Watch paired. I have Siri completely disabled, no dictation, etc., but whenever my Watch is paired, Siri inevitably shows up as using battery.

Yes, sport serie 2, maybe its a bug in watchOS

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.