Siri button on vehicles

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ilc1971, Aug 13, 2012.

1. ilc1971 macrumors newbie

So, it was mentioned that future vehicles would come with a Siri button somewhere on the dashboard or steering wheel. My question is there a way to do that now? Would it be very difficult? Has someone tried it? Is it even possible?

2. theman510 macrumors 6502

I have an '07 BMW and when the Bluetooth is connected and I press and hold the button to activate Siri it will work through my cars speakers. I never use it though because while driving, the road noise makes it almost impossible for Siri to accurately understand me. So when they do implement this into cars down the line I'm sure they'll take this into consideration and will have some sort of noise cancelling function for background/road noise.

3. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

I think the OP is asking about pushing the bluetooth button on your steering wheel and it activating siri.

All bluetooth cars with a mike can work with siri if you push the siri button/hold home on your phone.

my 2012 mazda3 works with it. I dont have any problems with the mic hearing what i say either. Maybe its your mic in your car?

4. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

you can use the BT button on the car, is the same AFAIK.

5. jer9542 macrumors member

I have a 2007 BMW as well, 7-series. Holding the bluetooth button with not work, and I doubt it will work with any car. However, does anyone know if there is perhaps a Cydia tweak that could make it possible to activate siri from bt car button??

6. theman510 macrumors 6502

Could be. It's a 2007 so I'm sure bluetooth quality in newer models has evolved and gotten better. Time to start saving up for a 2013! :D

7. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

haha lucky. ive always wanted a bmw