Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hologram

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 12, 2007
Yesterday morning I made a few phone calls (iPhone X, 13.6) by saying “hey Siri” as usual. A couple of hours later I tried to make another call and there was no response. I pressed the side button and Siri came up, but when I told it to make a call it responded by saying it couldn’t hear me. I tried a number of times and it still can’t hear me. I can make calls by dialing, and the microphone works fine. Nothing had changed since my last calls and all of my Siri settings are on, including “Listen for Hey Siri”, but it just doesn’t work anymore.

I have a non-cell Apple Watch and I can tell it to make a call, which it does with no problem. I can transfer the call to my phone from the watch with no problem. I just can’t use Siri directly on the phone.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Last edited:

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
What troubleshooting steps have you tried? I'd start with rebooting. If that doesn't work, try Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. Let us know what happens.

Reactions: hologram

hologram

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 12, 2007
I’m such a dummy! Rebooting solved it, thank you very much! Usually when there’s a problem with a device the first thing I do is reboot but this time I didn’t. Sucks to get old😄

Reactions: 0128672
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.