Siri can't identify song when using Bluetooth

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by swandy, Mar 7, 2016.

1. swandy macrumors regular

I have an iPhone 6 and an Apple Watch. But when I am using either my bluetooth earbuds (Jaybird) or the iPhone is connected to my car via bluetooth, I can't get Siri to identify the song playing - whether I use the Watch to ask or just the iPhone itself. Now the response I get is that Siri can't identify songs when Bluetooth is being used.

And I am sure that this function was there before.

Anyone else with this issue?

Thanks, Steve

2. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I think your issue is that it's trying to use the Bluetooth mic rather than the mic on the phone. I haven't gotten song identification to work with anything but that iPhone mic hardware.

3. swandy thread starter macrumors regular

Actually, I tried it with the mic on the Bluetooth earbuds, my Apple Watch and the mic on the iPhone and it did not work with any of them.

4. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

So you turned Bluetooth off on the iPhone and then tried to identify a song?

5. swandy thread starter macrumors regular

Yep. No difference. On either my iPhone or iPad Mini

6. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

That's a shame. :( unfortunately I have no more suggestions. It works for me when I'm not connected to Bluetooth. At least it has. Can't say I use the feature more than maybe once or twice a month.

7. vikingjunior macrumors 65816

vikingjunior

Yet Shazam and SoundHound work fine when your connected to Bluetooth, it's just Siri that doesn't work.