Siri can't launch apps?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by .ImNuMBeR1, Mar 17, 2013.

1. .ImNuMBeR1, Mar 17, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2013

.ImNuMBeR1 macrumors newbie

.ImNuMBeR1

Hey people.

I'm having a very odd and bizarre issue with Siri...I have uploaded the screenshot in an attachment. - Basically no matter what I say to open an app it says apparently it says "You don't have an app named ...". Like, ***** is this sorcery?? o_O

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

EDIT: iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.2

Attached Files:

2. *Batman* macrumors member

*Batman*

I don't think Siri is capable of doing that yet. It's been a while since I tried that type of syntax, so maybe it will work on Apple apps.

3. .ImNuMBeR1 thread starter macrumors newbie

.ImNuMBeR1

It has worked before so I know for a fact Siri is capable of such function. It worked on both Apple apps and other apps.

4. *Batman* macrumors member

*Batman*

Have you tried restarting the phone and/or turning Siri off and then back on again?

5. .ImNuMBeR1 thread starter macrumors newbie

.ImNuMBeR1

Tried everything Apple would suggest. The only problem is they'd tell me to restore my phone, I dont want to remove the evasion jailbreak on it because i have some good working tweaks. :L

6. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Siri is working fine for me launching apps with "launch appname". I wonder if your jail break is causing troubles?

7. *Batman* macrumors member

*Batman*

Ahhhh. I bet it's the JB. Just part of the compromise of doing that. You get some new features and tweaks, but sometimes lose others.

8. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Has it worked since you've jailbroken the phone?

9. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

Siri can open just about every app for me using the "Open _____" command. Has trouble with some oddly named apps, but I also have a tweak called "Assistant Love" that allows you to create aliases for those ("Ways" for "Waze" for example).

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.2, Evasi0n jailbreak.

10. .ImNuMBeR1 thread starter macrumors newbie

.ImNuMBeR1

Yeah it worked before even with the jailbreak. thats what i dont quite understand tbh. it doesnt really help the fact im on my data network on the forums too because im out lol. everything else works a charm, dont know how but my facebook notification sound alert works now, all i did was reset all settings to try and fix the horrible UK Siri robotic voice but its not helped.

@brian: same model, iOS and JB version

11. NewAnger macrumors 6502a

I just tried it on my 4S by saying open Facebook. It gave me two choices and my phone is Jailbroken.

Attached Files:

12. .ImNuMBeR1 thread starter macrumors newbie

.ImNuMBeR1

13. saberahul macrumors 68040

I guess the stupid question is do you have facebook installed? (just checking)

14. .ImNuMBeR1 thread starter macrumors newbie

.ImNuMBeR1

yeah its installed. it does it with settings and other apps too

15. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I had this EXACT same issue this morning. Never knew I had it because I did not start using Siri until today. I found this thread through a Google search, but I am a MR member.

Anyway, here is the solution. It was actually the link under this one that I found in my Google search.

WARNING:
    Applying the solution WILL solve the problem. BUT! ALL YOUR ICONS WILL RETURN IN ONE MASSIVE JUMBLE ON YOUR SPRINGBOARD! You will have to put them all back in their nice neat folders and arrangements. But Siri will now launch apps as it's supposed to.

Hope this helps!