Siri can't look up U.S. maps/business...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Reluctant Adept, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Reluctant Adept macrumors member

...when set to speak with an Australian or British accent. Does this strike anyone else as a little bizarre? I understand not being able to look up U.S. addresses when speaking in French or German, sure, but I don't get the restriction on other English settings.

It's not a big deal, but I do prefer the Australian voice to the Amercian one. Hopefully this is one of the many things that improves during the beta period.

2. tourada macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

The British and Australian settings are for Great Britain and Australia. In Siri's current version the limitations on the accents are due to the limitations on regions outside the united states.

3. urkel macrumors 68030

Yeah. I found it weird that the voices were region locked also. Its just a voice so I dont get why they did this but my guess is that Apple will do like they did with wallpapers where eventually they'll let us customize it more.