Siri can't recognise my personal details, possible bug?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by andyp350, Dec 21, 2015.

1. andyp350 macrumors 6502a

I'm quite new to the Apple Watch and today have tried to set several location based reminders of things I need to do when I get home.
    When I ask Siri to do this it asks me which home address, it then shows my home address twice (i believe this is due to a duplication in my Contacts due to Facebook also creating my address in my contact card). However whichever one I choose Siri then just tells "I don't know your home address". This strikes me as odd as it actually displays my home address on the previous screen when asking me to choose it!
    Setting the identical reminders on my iPhone works perfectly, it doesn't even prompt me to choose/clarify an address, it just creates the reminders in one step.
    Is this a bug or have I got something set up wrong with the Watch, anyone one encountered this problem?

2. lpb macrumors newbie

Yes I have the same problem. I disabled Facebook contacts sync to be able to create location reminders.

3. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

When you open the Contacts app on your iPhone you should see 'My Card' at the top. This is the info Siri should use. Make sure your home address is coorct but only once.

4. TxWatch macrumors 6502

TxWatch

I had problems with Watch Siri recognizing me and my Wife. I could say "Text my Wife" on my phone Siri, but Watch Siri would say she did not know who I was, so she would redirect me to my phone.

I went into my phone under Settings > General > Siri > My info and re-added my name. Then, I removed my wife's name as my Spouse and added it back again with my Watch connected.

From that point on, Watch Siri knew me and my spouse. (I did not have my contact name listed twice, so your problem may be different)

TxWatch