Siri - "Can't Take any requests right now."

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AceC, Jan 8, 2014.

1. AceC macrumors member

Recently got a new iPhone 5S, and Siri usually always works fine, but this morning, when I arrived to school, I tried to use Siri, and noticed it was slow, and thengot a message that said, "I'm really sory about this, but I can't take any requests right now. Please try agian in a little while." It worked later in the day, and again at the same place where it didn't work earlier.

So is this normal? And why did it happen?

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

That's been known to happen from time to time if Siri server is down. It's not common though.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Maybe your connection is bad. Are you connecting to school wifi and maybe its slow or congested? Or maybe you get poor signal inside there and the phone cant pull data to communicate with siri's servers?

4. AceC thread starter macrumors member

Not school wifi, just LTE. And it worked later in the day, at the same spot. It was outside in the parking lot. I was just confused as to why it didn't work in the morning there.

5. Dominicanyor macrumors 6502a

Dominicanyor

From time to time I get the same thing but at the wrong time. Especially when I'm trying to show people how awesome Siri suppost to be. Lol

6. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

7. cynics macrumors G3

Siri - "Can't Take any requests right now."

That message is server side generally so it's from congestion or a server being down. It's not that common of problem.

Unfortunately Siri relies on data from Apple for pretty much every task. This is a double edge sword, it's good because Apple can freely update and modify Siri seamlessly. It's bad because it uses and totally relies on good data connections on both the Apple and user end. So needless to say sometimes it will time out or you'll get that message even if you are just using speech to text, opening an app or some other task that you might not think requires data.

8. WilliamG macrumors 604

Yes this does happen. 99% of the time I can just try again immediately afterwards and Siri will work.

9. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Well there is just something emasculating being refused by Siri! ;)