Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FyerFyer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 14, 2015
So basically I was wondering does Siri work (I'm guessing not) in-app. For example this morning I tried to get Siri to give me an exchange rate using an app I have installed, directly from the home screen; is this possible?

Is there/are there certain method(s) for Siri to control apps rather than just opening them? If not does anyone have any tips to use it most effectively?

Thanks guys

Lappen71

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2012
Its up to the developers to add Siri functionality in their apps.
But there are limitations what Siri can do so its not certain it will work.

FyerFyer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 14, 2015
Its up to the developers to add Siri functionality in their apps.
But there are limitations what Siri can do so its not certain it will work.

Thanks

I've enabled Siri to be able to be used without the home button but it doesn't seem to start no matter how many times I call its name lol.

In regards to being enabled in other apps, is there a way to see if the app has this functionality, e.g do I need to enable it somewhere?

FyerFyer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 14, 2015

DaPizzaMan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2016
As per the API, apps can integrate Siri for Ride Booking, Messaging, Photo Search, Payments, VoIP Calling, Workouts, and Climate and radio.

Additionally, if you scroll down below the screenshots in the iOS App Store, you will see an image and some text that basically tells you if that app supports Siri. If you don't see it for a particular app, that app does not support Siri.

Attachments

• IMG_0730.PNG
    IMG_0730.PNG
    718.1 KB · Views: 89
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.