Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has honored "Back to the Future" day by updating Siri with at least ten humorous responses related to the popular movie Back to the Future II, released in 1989. iPhone and iPad users can invoke Siri and say "happy Back to the Future day" to receive one of the responses below at random.

BTTF-Date.jpg

Today is "Back to the Future" day because October 21, 2015 is the date that Marty McFly and Dr. Emmett Brown travel to in the movie. The classic film makes several fictional predictions about the future, including hoverboards, flying cars, remote-control dog walkers and the Chicago Cubs winning the 2015 World Series.

bttf_siri.jpg

Apple has updated Siri with humorous responses in the past for its September 9, 2015 event, WWDC 2014, "Okay Glass" and more.

Article Link: Siri Celebrates 'Back to the Future' Day With Humorous Responses

skottichan

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus, OH
As a Blue Jays fan, you're giving me hope that they can come back from a 3-1 deficit against KC in the ALCS.

To be fair, as much of a Cubs fan as I am, I'm loving the final four this year. Outside of KC (who went to the WS last year), everyone in the league championships are "perennial loser" teams, and to be honest, even after last year, KC is still considered a loser team.

That out of the way, I've been playing LEGO Dimensions this morning, I think I'm going to pick up the Bak to the Future set today. Just for nostalgia's sake.

jermy4

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2010
What a great job .... someone somewhere is getting paid to put all these sayings up.

Alumeenium

macrumors regular
May 15, 2013
People still use Siri? it's broken Fad tech at best, at worst it gives me map directions to a Denny's that closed in 1974

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
Hey, a little humour on this bad-news era is always good.
I wholeheartedly agree.

Someone has a case of the Mondays but on a Wednesday lol
I'm a bit timelagged, actually.

Why? What's wrong with people having a little fun. The world has become quite miserable lately. An occasional laugh is OK with me. Join us and have some fun. Give up cynicism for just a day.
Way ahead of you. Or behind.

doelcm82

macrumors 68040
Feb 11, 2012
Florida, USA
Boy, people just need to get over these movies.

Why? What's wrong with people having a little fun. The world has become quite miserable lately. An occasional laugh is OK with me. Join us and have some fun. Give up cynicism for just a day.

Hey, a little humour on this bad-news era is always good.

Someone has a case of the Mondays but on a Wednesday lol
Go back and take a look at AngerDanger's signature on his post. He is having a little fun with us.

Reactions: AngerDanger
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.