Siri connection problems

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Bammeh, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Bammeh macrumors member

When using Siri, it takes forever to get a response, and it is always "could not connect" etc.

I have rebooted the phone, I have put on airplane mode then taken off to rest the network.

Are the servers overloaded?

2. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

I don't know about the servers but to my knowledge, Airplane Mode does not reset the network. To do so, you have to go to Settings>General>Reset and tap on "Reset Network Settings".

3. Bammeh thread starter macrumors member

4. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

No, as I don't have a 4S, which is why I wrote that I didn't know about the servers (i.e. I can't test for you).

5. dotme macrumors 6502a

Siri performance has been hit and miss for me today too. It has such potential. Apple needs to get the "it just works" bit installed, then I'm sure it will be more reliable.

6. Bammeh thread starter macrumors member

For the past 3-4 hours. NO command gets through to Siri :(

7. KamuiVII macrumors member

same here, for about 1.5 hrs(east coast). apple discussions server extremely slow too

8. comicsniffers macrumors newbie

9. kage207 macrumors 6502a

Just started happening here for me in terms of connection problems. It was fine at 2 now it's 4:20. Haha.

Anyways, childish jokes aside, it is most likely due to Apple Servers and maybe doing upgrades to the software as it is still a BETA feature. Who knows why Apple decided to make an ad for it as it isn't amazing and BETA. :rolleyes: