Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbadger10

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2011
I pretty much have Siri under control. Just one thing I am having trouble figuring out....

When I ask her to compose a message, I cannot figure out how to change the contact. For example: I have 8 people named Sam in my phone. When I say "Message Sam" She immediately pulls up Sam L. because out of all the Sam's I have in my phone I have been in contact with him the most. Now, of course I can simply say "Message Sam B." but if I just say "Sam" and she says "What would you like to say to Sam", how do I tell her to pick a different Sam? Every time I try (e.g. "Change contact" "Different Sam") she just puts that into the SMS.

Hope that makes even a little bit of sense! Thanks in advance for the help.

kage207

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
I pretty much have Siri under control. Just one thing I am having trouble figuring out....

When I ask her to compose a message, I cannot figure out how to change the contact. For example: I have 8 people named Sam in my phone. When I say "Message Sam" She immediately pulls up Sam L. because out of all the Sam's I have in my phone I have been in contact with him the most. Now, of course I can simply say "Message Sam B." but if I just say "Sam" and she says "What would you like to say to Sam", how do I tell her to pick a different Sam? Every time I try (e.g. "Change contact" "Different Sam") she just puts that into the SMS.

Hope that makes even a little bit of sense! Thanks in advance for the help.
She will compose an iMessage for you to the LAST Sam you sent a message to. Well mine does at least.

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
How 'bout you just say the last name? Problem solved.

This. I have everyone in my contacts list as their first name and last name. If you do too, then it can't be that inconvenient to have to say their last name as well.

In fact, if you wanted Siri to ask, "which Sam should I send it to?" - that is just an extra step, which wastes your time. Rather than just giving Siri the full name, Siri has to query you to determine which Sam. More interactions to get to the same result.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.