Siri & Dictation Stopped Working. Any Luck With Replacement?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tardman91, Mar 9, 2016.

1. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

So Siri and dictation stopped working on my iPhone 6. I did some Googling and found that my secondary microphone appears to have stopped working. I tested it with the voice memos and taking a video with the front facing camera. I'm out of warranty since I purchased it a couple of months after launch. Has anyone had any luck getting Apple to give them a replacement out of the goodness of their heart? I'm going to go into the Apple store next time I'm down that way and play dumb and see what they say.

2. canuckRus macrumors 6502

canuckRus

Perhaps your CC covers the 2nd year of warranty?

3. tardman91 thread starter macrumors 6502a

tardman91

Good suggestion, but I financed through T-Mobile. It's been paid off for a while though.

4. posguy99 macrumors 6502

Define "stopped working" for the studio audience.

5. tardman91 thread starter macrumors 6502a

tardman91

Um... They don't work when I use them. It doesn't pick up my voice. The secondary microphone they use must have broken (according to many Google results). Everything else works perfectly fine though.

6. roccobladr macrumors 6502

Why not go to the Apple Store and give it a shot? They have been hit or miss with me throughout the years but sometimes you get lucky. Maybe the microphone got loose inside and they could simply reconnect it? Worst case scenario is they tell you it would cost money to be replaced/fixed and you can just decline.