Siri Doesn't Speak?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by galaxy7, Dec 25, 2015.

1. galaxy7 macrumors member

on my new version Apple TV, Siri doesn't speak, only responses in close captioned words on the screen...is that correct?

2. benjitek macrumors 6502a

benjitek

3. yillbs macrumors 6502

yillbs

Telling someone to go somewhere else other than using the forums here is a bit silly no? The entire purpose of the forums is to ask questions, get answers, and discuss.

4. waw74 macrumors 68030

not really, if it's a question thats easily answered in the product literature.
    might teach someone how to look for an answer themselves instead of needing everything handed to them.

most of the time going to google will get an answer in a few seconds instead of waiting an hour or 2 for someone else to do the same google search fro them.

5. Starfia macrumors 6502

Starfia

Yep. I've occasionally enabled that feature in iOS as well. ^ _ ^

6. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

That's a little pompous isn't it? If you can't ask an apple related question on an apple forum then what's the point. No matter how small or how many times something has been asked just be helpful and provide the answer. Sometimes I ask the forum here because I know there are a lot of knowledgeable who not only have the answer but can also provide additional useful information around the issue. Also, some people have busy lives and don't have the luxury of sitting at their computer for hours researching things, or trawling through old forum posts.

7. waw74 macrumors 68030

If you scroll up, you'll notice i did provide the answer in the first response.

for simple questions about basic functionality, it doesn't require "hours of research" and google is much quicker.

I knew the answer already, but just tried to find an answer for this question
    I googled "does siri speak on the apple tv" I had the answer in a few seconds (1 second of typing, 1/2 second of page load, 5 seconds of reading), didn't even have to leave the google result page, as the little clip under the second link said "Siri won't talk to you"
    the answer was on my screen in less time that it takes to open a new post, and type the question. And that's not taking in to account the time waiting for someone else to read the post and reply.

I don't mind helping people out on the forums, but sometimes when they can't take the time to help themselves, it does get a bit annoying.

8. benjitek, Dec 27, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2015

benjitek macrumors 6502a

benjitek

A failed attempt to redefine what someone has typed in the forums here is a bit silly, no?o_O I provided a link to a product page that answered the OP's question, and provides comprehensive additional information about how to use Siri with the ATV -- the link also serves as a resource that will be continuously updated as Siri ATV functionality expands. Additionally, I provided another link with a pre-typed Google search on the topic. Certainly more contributory than your post :rolleyes:

That isn't 'telling someone to go somewhere else', doing that would be making a statement along the lines of "have you tried reading the manual" or "Google is a great resource, why not spend 10 seconds typing out an easy phrase".