Siri doesn't work with subscribed calendars?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by amarcus, Nov 30, 2011.

1. amarcus, Nov 30, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2011

amarcus macrumors 6502

UPDATE: It turns out I was using malformed calendar files. Still interesting that despite working fine in iCal that it seems to trip up Siri!

---

Hi everyone,

This is something that I haven't heard many people talk about but Siri appears to be unable to access your calendar if you have one or more subscribed calendars. So basically if I enable a subscribed calendar (such as one linked to my universities lecture schedule) then this will no longer work:

"When is my next meeting?" and Siri always responds "Sorry X, there's something wrong. Can you please try that again?"

I've tested this on at least 2 different iPhone 4S's with different subscribed calendars... I can only conclude that this is a very rarely mentioned limitation of Siri. It's a real shame that not only can Siri not read a subscribed calendar but will not read ANY calendars until that subscribed calendar is removed.

Interested to here what some of you might have to say about all this,

Adam

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

My guess would be that if you have more than one enabled, there are limitations to its being able to know which one to use.

3. amarcus thread starter macrumors 6502

Whoops, my mistake everyone. Subscribed calendars work fine as long as they are correctly formed. Sorry for jumping to conclusions so soon!

Adam