Siri Eyes Free Bug

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by rajens00, May 2, 2015.

1. rajens00 macrumors newbie

Recently since updating to IOS 8.3, I seem to have lost some of the functionality of my Siri Eyes Free in my car (BMW 2014 535xi). In the past I’ve often used the Eyes Free pass thru feature to ask Siri math questions like “how much is 1383 * 45” and she would provide voice feedback with the answer using the car speakers. Now (I think since updating to 8.3) she will respond with something like “checking” and then just quit. If I ask Siri the same math question using the iPhone Home button (instead of steering wheel voice button) it works fine and announces the answer through the car speakers and displays the answer on the iPhone screen.

Has anyone else lost some of the functionality of Siri Eyes Free feature in cars that support it (BMW, GM, etc.)? Using Eyes Free to check emails or appointments, etc. still works great but if I ask her the distance to the moon using eyes free she’ll just quit, unless I use the iPhone home button to initiate it. It always worked fine before.

2. Mo42 macrumors newbie

Might want to try re-booting your car system. Mine was acting a bit strange after the recent update. I think I remember asking Siri for things and she would say searching - then no reply. What you descried sounds familiar to me. Check your car manual to see how your system re-boots. Mine has one of those small circles that a pin/ballpoint pen goes into. Worked like a charm for me.