Siri = FaceTime?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bgtrack, Dec 1, 2011.

?

How often do you use Siri?

1. Every day

38 vote(s)
    46.9%
  2. Every other day

18 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Once a week

11 vote(s)
    13.6%
  4. Never

14 vote(s)
    17.3%
  1. bgtrack macrumors regular

bgtrack

When FaceTime came out we all said it was the best invention ever...and then never used it...or at least most of us anyways.

Just curious how much you use Siri....I use her everyday...though I am sure not everyone does.

2. Eager Beaver macrumors 6502a

Eager Beaver

RU Kidding?

They are completely different. I had a 4 and a 4s, and never used facetime, (maybe to check if my hair was in shape).

Why not compare FaceTime to Facebook, (I use that everyday too).

If you want to start a thread to find out how much people use Siri, then do so -
    (but to compare the two is an act of pure ridiculousness) :rolleyes:

Just edit your title to "How Much Do You Use Siri" and most of us will play -

3. nfl46 macrumors 603

Facetime, Siri and iMessage are all turn off on my phone. I don't use any of them.

iMessage will be so much better if they add more functionality, like chat rooms, groups, etc.

Honestly, I see this has being in one of the Apple updates. Maybe 5.1? That would be awesome.

Somehow, someway, Apple will tie Facetime, Siri, and iMessage together.

4. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

This is a good poll, if not a bit premature. The honeymoon is still on for Siri where many people are concerned, therefore I believe the number of people using it is greater presently than it will be later on.

That said, the big difference between face time and siri (other than the obvious) is that Siri is a single user feature. Meaning that you are not communicating with another user as you must do to use face time. Therefore you can use it at will.

Nonetheless, I think it will be interesting to see what happens when the newness wears off.

Never being one for gimmicks I've never even tried it.

5. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I think you are missing HOW the comparison is being made. The OP is wondering if they will share the similar fate (in that the excitedment was huge, and then fell apart).

I use Siri quite abit, personally. I never use facetime, but I do use skype. So I guess maybe that half counts?

6. bgtrack thread starter macrumors regular

bgtrack

Exactly...I know we are still in the honeymoon phase with Siri...just wondering if it will end up how FaceTime did.

7. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

It's possible. I think if Siri didn't go down every five minutes, that would certainly help. Supposedly we will see more functionality. If/when it can start loading apps and doing other cool things that I have yet to think of, I am sure it will see more and more use. FaceTime has one potential use... video chat. Siri has nearly endless possible uses, IMO.

8. aluren macrumors 65816

I tried using Siri but when it doesn't work, it's frustrating. It's like a gamble, betting on it to save you a few extra seconds.

9. Eager Beaver macrumors 6502a

Eager Beaver

Then that should be your poll question, "Will Siri End up like Facetime? Yes - No"

You title doesn't match the poll - you're polling people about how much they use Siri, (not if they think she will end up like facetime) -

10. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

I think you're the only one who doesn't get what the title means. Now that you got it explained to you let us do the poll and see what people think.

11. rookiezzz macrumors regular

English is my 2nd language, so I couldn't rely on it when texting :(

12. iphone4s16gb macrumors 6502

English (U.S.), English (UK), Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese

so when siri work for all of those language above ?
    can apple make it ????

13. Neverbepeace macrumors 6502a

Neverbepeace

Jeez…..move on. Vote…if not….keep it moving

14. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

I have had FaceTime since day one. I use it DAILY.
    I have had siri since day one. I use it MANY times a day.

I also use FaceTime on my Macs.
    And iMessage. And I can't wait til we can iMessage from a mac.

15. TuiSong macrumors regular

I did the obligatory asking siri stupid questions thing when I first got the phone, but for daily use it is kind of pointless in NZ. I tried it a few times for note taking, it didn't handle the Nu zeelundish uksent vury well, and forget using local place names.

16. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Why don't you use iMessage, you have lying to lose by using it as all it is free texting. You can't even notice a difference between SMS and iMessage.

17. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

I had an iPhone 4 for 10 months and now have a 4S. On the 4 I used Tango about 2-3 times and never used actual Facetime. I use Siri everyday to set my alarm for naps or for the next morning.