Siri for iPhone 3GS 5.1?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by x Nadzy x, Apr 6, 2012.

1. x Nadzy x macrumors newbie

OK, does anyone have a tethered iPhone 3GS on 5.1 which has Siri, as I'm finding it almost impossible to find..... :confused:.

2. AppleMaster9 macrumors regular

Even if you find it, it isn't worth it. My 3GS is on 5.0.1 and spire was a total ram hog. I had to kill all running apps and restart them to get them to stop crashing every time.

As for your signature, you need blobs to downgrade. There is no way around that.

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Only the iPhone 4S can have Siri on iOS 5.1. Reason, there is no legal way to get the needed Siri files for iOS 5.1. Spire was only made because Apple left the iOS 5.0.1 release 2 keys unencrypted in the ramdisk allowing anyone to download and extract files from the firmware. Apple has not made the same mistake with iOS 5.1 and the 5.0.1 Siri files do not work with 5.1.

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

1+ what Intell said Chpwn the Dev of Spire has said he will not update Spire to work on 5.1 because of the above. btw most of us with 4s only use Siri a limited amount. I can do most things faster without her. once you get past asking her the meaning of life or to marry you etc. Siri is nice not great. 1st you have to ask then wait then hope she helps or isn't busy. I use it on average a few times a week now.

5. bandofbrothers, Apr 6, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2012

bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I use Siri quite extensively on my iPhone 4 for setting various reminders and sending texts etc. I get around an 75-80% success rate.

ref Chpwn saying spire will not work on 5.1 jailbroken it's a shame apple closed the exploit although I hear an alternative called spite which is in beta is in the pipeline !

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

they didn't close the exploit they closed the legal end of it which is why Chpwn won't touch it. So perhaps some other Dev will do it. Chpwn won't let them use any of his work from Spire. While Chpwn is a vg hacker he won't cross certain lines that might earn the wrath Apple Lawyer team. He knows where the line is and he stays away it.

7. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Thanks for the heads up
    Where did you get this info from !
    Links ?

Well if that's the case then yeah maybe a hacker will do something with spire for 5.1. Hopefully by then I will have purchased the next iPhone , restored this iPhone 4 and passed it onto one of my children !

8. labman macrumors 604

labman

Chpwn has made several tweets about it sorry I'm not looking though all his tweets!.

9. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Lol, fair enough.

Take care.