Siri for sailors.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Justim, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Justim macrumors 6502

Macworld published a nice and lengthy review for the iPhone 4s. While its filled with things we might already know, their Siri demonstration video sheds a light of hope to those with a mouth so filthy Orbitz would say "go **** yourself."

Proof that Siri may dictate cuss words:
    [​IMG]

Other than that, it's funny how he lied about Siri dictating exactly what he wanted and then giggles at the results.

But I do hope we don't have to dictate our punctuation marks. Anyone know if it's necessary?

2. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Doubt it.

Attached Files:

3. JulianL macrumors 65816

That's a good question, I was wondering the same thing myself. I noticed that in the very good Macworld demo of Siri by the guy in the pink shirt in a pink room he was dictating all the punctuation. I would have hoped that the voice recognition could do some grammatical analysis of dictated input and user pauses and insert appropriate punctuation. It's probably not a trivial problem but all that processing is being done on the servers so they have decent computer power and Siri is doing some pretty amazing stuff already so I suspect that the developers could do a pretty decent job of it if they wanted to. Exclamation marks would probably always need to be explicitly dictated, those are very personal judgement calls.

There must be hundreds and hundreds of new features on the to do list for the Siri development team so if it can't do it now then I hope that it's at least somewhere on that list.

- Julian