Siri from lock screen - iPhone 5S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xero9, May 16, 2014.

1. xero9 macrumors 6502a

I remember back in 7.0 it was possible to access Siri if I held the home button down with one of my registered fingers. Now it doesn't do anything. My only options with 7.1.1 are to either have Siri accessible while the phone is locked by anyone, or no one.

Am I going crazy or did something actually change? I hope it's a setting I can toggle, but I've looked and wasn't able to find anything obvious.

Thanks!

2. matttye macrumors 601

This seems to have changed, it used to be that it scanned your fingerprint and then launched Siri even when the Siri on lockscreen setting was off. That doesn't seen to work now.

3. xero9 thread starter macrumors 6502a

So I guess I'm not missing something. I hope they re-enable this in the next update.

4. RiddlaBronc macrumors 6502a

RiddlaBronc

Wait what?

If a friend picks up my phone he can access siri even though i have my fingerprints stored. I dont dee any options to disable siri from the lock screen. Using 7.1 the one before the current one

5. xero9 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Go to settings -> Touch ID & Passcode, and see of Siri is on or off. My guess is it's on.

Before it was possible to only access Siri from the lock screen if you pressed and held with a registered finger.

6. RiddlaBronc macrumors 6502a

RiddlaBronc

Ah you are right. Didnt even bother to look under passcode, just went straight to general settings and siri.

Thanks

7. xero9 thread starter macrumors 6502a

No problem!

I have my turned off just to be cautious. I'm noticing now that previously my in-ear Bluetooth could access Siri, but my new speakerphone one doesn't. Not sure if this is again because of a change in iOS 7.1.1 or a difference in devices. I might have to re-enable Siri from my lock screen.