Siri frustration....

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mcapanelli, Sep 24, 2014.

1. mcapanelli macrumors regular

mcapanelli

So.............

I've been arguing with Siri all morning. It keeps changing my name to the carrier account holders name, no matter what I do and despite the iCloud account be ing in my name. We have 6 people on our family plan and they're all the cell account holders name. I keep telling Siri to change my name, but it just changes it right back. This is yet another minor annoyance with this new phone.

What I don't understand is why didn't it do this on my old 5s? We've changed carriers (now on Sprint from AT&T) but not iCloud accounts. What gives man? Is it really that hard to restrict each phone to whatever contact you set for it locally without having to use multiple apple id's or play around with your contacts? Its seriously not that hard to do. I think apple is dropping the ball big time since Steve passed. Does anyone have a solution that doesn't involve a sledge hammer and a Samsung? Thanks in advance for helping out and reading my coffee fueled frustrated tirade.

2. DefBref macrumors 6502

Have you set Settings/General/Siri/My Info to your contact details?

3. mcapanelli thread starter macrumors regular

mcapanelli

That was the first thing I did. It keeps calling me a different name then its displaying as well. it just won't call me by any other name than the carrier account holder, even though it displays the proper information.

4. pmcdn macrumors regular

Hopefully you'll get that sorted. I've gotta say that Siri and voice dictation on my ip6 is WAY better than on previous ones. I texted all day long on Sunday without having to correct the text. Nice improvement!

5. mcapanelli thread starter macrumors regular

mcapanelli

Ok......

So I rebooted the phone and now its calling me Michael again. ugh. I really don't know whats going on.

6. jonnysods macrumors 603

jonnysods

I think siri has easily gotten worse as time has gone on. It's an unpolished gimmick now where originally it was mind blowing.

7. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

Not trying to insult you, but did you say to it "call me ______?"

Mine calls me by my name, but I have friends who have set Siri to call them something other than their names without a problem.

8. mcapanelli thread starter macrumors regular

mcapanelli

None taken. :) That's what I tried first. It did update my contact information and display it, it just kept calling me by another name. Its working now, but I couldn't tell you why.