Siri Goes Out Once a Day.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by josh3326, Oct 22, 2011.

1. josh3326 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I use Siri quite a bit everyday. I notice 3 days out of the week, that Siri goes off line or just is being a B***h and not answering me. Anyone else having this issue? It doesn't bother me, I just try again later and works again.

Should I slap her around till she answers me? Truth sirum? Make her sleep on the couch when she doesn't answer to me?

2. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Got to have pretty decent reception for Siri and yes, sometimes she is resting!:)

3. Ksizzle9 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Would be interested to hear ppl response on this. I don't use it a ton but I've needed some speech to text today and was trying to show Siri off. Wouldn't work, so I reset network settings, she was working fine again, just now tried it about and hour later and it's not working again. I don't really need this feature, but I paid over $850 for this phone, I expect every single feature to work on it. Overall, there Isnt a ton of difference between this and the 4, it's def faster, better camera, everything the specs show. But I feel that 5.0, while overall it runs MUCH better than 4.x, still had a few bugs to be ironed out

4. CavemanUK macrumors 6502

CavemanUK

I hate to ask an obvious question but you guys do know that Siri is still in beta right?

5. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

It may be a beta, but apple hyped it beyond reproach. All the blogs talk about it being the biggest reason to buy it.

IMO the beta means "needs tweaking". Not offline and broken right now. The same goes for MM mail and iCloud, they are both a wreck this month.

Seriously, they need to get it together and fast, because their reputation depends on it. You know, it just works.

Be that as it may, it has been down for me most of a 3 hour drive today; rendering it useless- again.

6. dotme macrumors 6502a

Yes it's Beta but it is the (only) feature Apple is talking about in their very first TV spot for the 4S and it's not reliable. Most companies providing cloud services offer their users status updates and announcements. The status of Siri shouldn't be shrouded in secrecy like it's an unreleased device.

It's a service - While Apple might be new in the cloud services space, not communicating/acknowledging when there are issues with a service offered to millions of your customers is not good practice. Hopefully Apple will shift out of "it's a secret" mode when it comes to their online services, and start providing a blog or some other way for people to get status updates, just like Amazon, Twitter etc do today.

7. SunnyFL macrumors regular

Siri not workin well at all today but has been working pretty good most of this wee.

8. Jones.Bobby.D macrumors newbie

Siri is just jealous...

I have wanted to strangle Siri at times, but I found that for some reason other apps running in the background can interfere with Siri's connection to the network. Once I kill all of the apps that are running Siri starts working just fine.

It seems Siri may be a bit jealous of other apps!! :roll eyes:

Hope this Helps!

9. pellets007 macrumors 6502a

pellets007

10. aberrero macrumors 6502a

Siri has been seriously sucking today.

Full reboot of my phone didn't fix it either.

11. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

The only time I've had problems with Siri is on launch weekend other than that she has worked well for me every time I've used her.

12. thesiren macrumors 6502a

thesiren

lucky you [​IMG]

13. ggmissmolly macrumors regular

She's just out for lunch. Wait til she has her period and starts biting eveybody's heads off.