Siri: Hands-Free Control, asking followup question?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ShionoyaTamaki, May 25, 2012.

1. ShionoyaTamaki macrumors 6502

I've been using Siri Hands free control tweak and love it when I am driving. I would just say "Siri" wait for half a second for the beep "Read me my text message" and it reads.

Often I would like to ask Siri another question/command soon after, but can't since it is no longer listening at this point. I would have to manually tap the icon for siri to listen again which defeats the purpose of hands free. If i say "siri" again it would close then I would have to say "siri" once again for it to listen.

Is there a way to avoid manually touching the icon or closing for hands-free to listen again?

2. cclloyd macrumors 68000

cclloyd

No but that's a great idea. You sould suggest that siri listens again right after the command is finished, and stays listening, etc, until you say "Close"

3. Mr609 macrumors newbie

I noticed the same issue. And I say issue because it works fine in the video posted by the developer. Notice how he asks Siri back to back questions without Siri closing and reopening?? Wuts going on??

4. Bigchris macrumors member

I've noticed the same thing, that's part of the reason I bought it,however it doesn't work like it does in the video. For the follow up question you have to say Siri's name which resets it to listen, then ask your follow up question..

5. ShionoyaTamaki thread starter macrumors 6502

has it always been like this or a bug that was introduced with iOS updates?

6. Mr609 macrumors newbie

It was always like this. However the app was updated today, and now it's working......hmmmm....idk, but I'm glad....

7. ShionoyaTamaki thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmm I updated to 3.2 and saying "siri" again will just exit out. I can't ask back to back questions. Also, seems like when i use A/C power mode siri doesn't work, glitches out.

8. Bigchris, May 28, 2012
    Last edited: May 29, 2012

Bigchris macrumors member

Hmm, I upgraded and still can't do back to back questions either.

***UPDATED****
    Installed update to 3.3, and repeat questions is working great..

9. ShionoyaTamaki thread starter macrumors 6502

yup, another update released 3.3 it now works.

10. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

If it doesn't work for some people, there's a new Siri tweak called PersistentAssistant that makes siri automatically listen after she finishes talking so you don't have to press the mic button again.