Siri: Hands-Free Control, asking followup question?

ShionoyaTamaki

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
I've been using Siri Hands free control tweak and love it when I am driving. I would just say "Siri" wait for half a second for the beep "Read me my text message" and it reads.

Often I would like to ask Siri another question/command soon after, but can't since it is no longer listening at this point. I would have to manually tap the icon for siri to listen again which defeats the purpose of hands free. If i say "siri" again it would close then I would have to say "siri" once again for it to listen.

Is there a way to avoid manually touching the icon or closing for hands-free to listen again?

cclloyd

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2011
Alpha Centauri A
No but that's a great idea. You sould suggest that siri listens again right after the command is finished, and stays listening, etc, until you say "Close"

Mr609

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2012
I noticed the same issue. And I say issue because it works fine in the video posted by the developer. Notice how he asks Siri back to back questions without Siri closing and reopening?? Wuts going on??

Bigchris

macrumors member
May 6, 2009
Cucamonga
I noticed the same issue. And I say issue because it works fine in the video posted by the developer. Notice how he asks Siri back to back questions without Siri closing and reopening?? Wuts going on??
I've noticed the same thing, that's part of the reason I bought it,however it doesn't work like it does in the video. For the follow up question you have to say Siri's name which resets it to listen, then ask your follow up question..

Mr609

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2012
It was always like this. However the app was updated today, and now it's working......hmmmm....idk, but I'm glad....

ShionoyaTamaki

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
Hmm I updated to 3.2 and saying "siri" again will just exit out. I can't ask back to back questions. Also, seems like when i use A/C power mode siri doesn't work, glitches out.

Bigchris

macrumors member
May 6, 2009
Cucamonga
Hmm I updated to 3.2 and saying "siri" again will just exit out. I can't ask back to back questions. Also, seems like when i use A/C power mode siri doesn't work, glitches out.
Hmm, I upgraded and still can't do back to back questions either.

***UPDATED****
Installed update to 3.3, and repeat questions is working great..

Last edited:

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
If it doesn't work for some people, there's a new Siri tweak called PersistentAssistant that makes siri automatically listen after she finishes talking so you don't have to press the mic button again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.