siri Handsfree 3.0 doesn't work

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iamthekiller, Feb 16, 2012.

1. iamthekiller macrumors 6502a

I've been using Handsfree 2.1-4 for a couple of weeks and it worked very well. I upgraded to 3.0 and it no longer works.

I've tried switching the sbsettings toggle, trying power-connection only, setting the sensitivity to very loose, high audio, different keywords, speaking when locked, speaking when unlocked, resprings, reboots, handsfree reinstall, but it just no longer responds to me.

Anybody else with this issue?

iphone4 5.0.1

I've emailed the developer but received no reply yet.

http://www.handsfreecontrol.com/Home.html

2. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Hi,

Im on 3.0 with no issues.

I found having the filter sensitivity on 'very loose' meant sometimes siri activated by other similar sounding words !

my settings are ,

very loose
    keyword siri.
    theme default
    audio auto.

Maybe resetting your iPhone or deleting and redownloading the tweak may help.

3. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Wow, i didn't even know this app existed. This should be implemented by apple. I just got it and it's incredible, 3.0 seems to be working great for me. My only question is, how does it affect your battery life?

4. iamthekiller thread starter macrumors 6502a

It does constantly use the battery, so if you go into the battery usage, the standby and usage times will be the same, but 2.1-4 was perfectly fine on battery life. In 7 hours while I slept with handsfree enabled on my iphone4, the phone went from 53% to 30%.

3.0 is supposed to be even better on the battery - but I wouldn't know.

5. iamthekiller thread starter macrumors 6502a

I uninstalled through cydia, then rebooted instead of just reinstalling in one shot.

Installed fresh from cydia, still didn't work. I made sure handsfree was enabled in the program as well as the sbsettings toggle, then I rebooted while it was in that mode.

Upon reboot it worked just fine. Previously I was rebooting with it off - I guess that was the difference.

6. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

7. likemyorbs, Feb 16, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2012

likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

When you have your audio on auto doesn't siri sound muffled? I can't stand it so i had to set it to high. I don't really get the point of this feature, why can't they just leave your audio sounding the way it's supposed to?

8. iamthekiller thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure the point of "audio" now that I look at it. The documentation is a bit confusing... but "high" uses more battery.

9. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

I know it says that, but i don't see how it could use more battery to not make siri sound muffled, shouldn't it use the same amount of battery as it normally would?

10. iamthekiller thread starter macrumors 6502a

I assume it requires more power for handsfree to communicate/hear you at the same time music/video is being played. It just sounds like more processing going on which makes sense.

11. In Like Flynn macrumors regular

That's funny, I was getting ready to download it 2 hours ago when a freind rang the doorbell.
    Now I can't find it in cydia, (was it removed)?

12. iPunish901 macrumors 6502

iPunish901

i needed to reboot and respring my phone several times for it to work, but i love it. a feature i see apple using in the future.

13. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Well we all know Apple follow Cydia and the tweaks it allows.

Where do you think the notification drop down screen was born from !

Maybe they will if they know enough people are wanting it.

14. gapperonduty macrumors 6502

plunge the cash and had to agree that this tweak is great! Useful when driving so you don't have to reach for the phone, and the sensitivity is great enough for use in cars on highway...

however, the batt usage is insane, at least for me. Left the house at 9 with 99% full (off the wall charger) and came back at 2am with 50% left, during the whole night I did not use the phone at all.

I think this, in itself, does not warrant normal daily use. Only to turn it on while needed and better to have it plugged in....