Siri has 2 voices

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by virginblue4, Jul 29, 2013.

1. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

When using American English (female) on my iPad mini, you could almost believe that you're talking to a human.

When doing the same on my iPhone 5, while it is a new voice, it still sounds fairly robotic.

Was like this throughout beta 3 and it's the same on beta 4. Anyone know why? :(

2. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

3. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Wait a couple hours/tomorrow it should fix itself. This is the same for brand new iPhones out of the box and new installs in many cases. Something about a voice pack needing to update/install/download in the background... I'm not exactly sure and I don't have a source. This is not new to iOS 7, though.

I think the OP was seeking feedback. Not a snide reassurance of something he already knew. :apple:

4. virginblue4 thread starter macrumors 68000

virginblue4

Thank you for that, I'm completely aware believe it or not. I was wondering if anyone had a solution.... :rolleyes:

I initially thought this as well, but it's been doing it since beta 3 and nothing has changed in those 3 weeks. I may just do a clean install. Thanks anyway :)

5. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

Look, if you know it's beta, it's better to let Apple know about the bug. I think what you're experiencing can be fixed with a simple restart or a reinstall anyways. I've had that happen before on beta 2 and I already reported it.

6. virginblue4 thread starter macrumors 68000

virginblue4

Who's to say I haven't already reported this to Apple? I simply came here to see if anyone had a solution to my problem.

I'm unsure why you are getting so uptight over it? :confused:

7. jtfolden macrumors 6502

jtfolden

If you don't think people should come here to discuss a beta release then perhaps you should ask MacRumors to remove the iOS 7 forum. ...cuz I'm pretty darn sure everyone here knows they are running a beta and is coming here to talk about their experience? :confused:

8. freedevil macrumors 6502a

freedevil

I got a popup saying Siri now has a new voice. Siri does not sound robotic on my iPhone 5.

9. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

Uhhh so what else are you supposed to talk about in the 'iOS 7' forum if not the BETA release of iOS 7!
    Geez! So many internet janitors out here nowadays...

If you encounter an issue, being an Apple enthusiast, it's nice to talk about it. If others have experienced this issue before, then it can be concluded that it is indeed a bug.. If you don't want to see people talking about problems in the beta:
    Step 1: Click on 'iOS' up top on the thread address.
    Step 2: Click 'iOS 6'
    Step 3: Janitor away

10. virginblue4 thread starter macrumors 68000

virginblue4

Just noticed today that my iPhone now has the same voice as my iPad. Strange that it didm't fix itself during beta 3. Thanks :)

11. afinch1992 macrumors 6502

afinch1992

just noticed it is now working much better on my iphone5 as well. Haven't used her since Beta 2 though

12. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Up until a few hours ago my Siri has been dead for two days. It didn't even attempt to listen; it just said "Sorry... (cont'd)" as soon as I activated it.