Siri Has My Location Wrong

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by ckiggins, Sep 24, 2012.

1. ckiggins macrumors 6502

Purchased the new iPhone 5 and also upgraded my iPad 3 to iOS 6 this weekend, so this is the first time I have experienced using Siri.

I have location services on and have my contact listed in my Siri settings, however...

When I ask her a question like "what is the current temperature?" or "What is the weather tomorrow?" she gives me information for St. Louis, Georgia - but I am in St. Louis, Missouri!

If I ask her "Where am I?" she pinpoints my correct current location in Missouri, but in other tasks like weather, she for some reason thinks I am in Georgia.

Am I missing a setting somewhere? Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

2. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

Have you recently replaced your home WiFi Router?

3. ckiggins thread starter macrumors 6502

No, it is not recently replaced, but I did recently reset it (Airport Extreme Base Station) to its factory settings and then updated the firmware.

4. parkds macrumors regular

This is happening in NYC also. If I ask for the weather today, Siri provides the weather in New York, TX, not New York City. Apparently people in Brooklyn are getting weather in Brooklyn, OH instead of Brooklyn, NY. This seems to be wide spread. Seems like someone on the Siri team has something against big cities.