siri help ( moved )

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by sicmoe19, Jan 25, 2012.

1. sicmoe19 macrumors newbie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey all,

New to this forum,

i have a the 4 and my g/f has the 4s, so i dled Spire and installed

then i set a URL with her phone and i got it sorta up and running however for some reason when i try it she says " i'm really sorry about this, i can't take any requests right now, please try again later"

i tried to install the certificate ( from redsn0w ) but i keep getting this

during the time i set it up in the VP her password was on and i tried inputing it however the error msg was cannot connect from the password...

heck am i even doing this right?

i jb my phone the first day the redsnow hack came out

thanks all in advance

2. robdam1001 macrumors 6502a

I don't think the certificates are installed from redsn0w. Have you entered the proxy server info into Siri/Spire? Are you paying for a proxy server or using a free one? I'm using imzdl proxy server for $20/year.

http://imzdl.com/siri/

3. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

If siri says that it means it has no access to the siri server.

Your IP4 needs to look like a 4s to be able to access siri with Spire.

You need to setup a sir proxy server with the details of your GF 4s.

Google for it.

After that is set up, in Spire input the proxy address.

4. sicmoe19 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the help, i am trying to bypass paying for it, as i may be getting a the 4s shortly ( birthday gift )

----------

i have tried, or atleast i have, i googled/youtubes it all, but i am unsure if i am doing it right, for instance this is what i have done

1. downloaded spire and installed ( when i clicked the home sisi came up not configired )
    2. went intot he 4s under general>network> then id di the discription, server, account password then made a url Name.com then i posted that on my spire
    4. then when i clicked home Sisi's voice came up and said that she can't help

i am trying to learn as much as i can, and do my research b4 i come on here, but something isn't adding up

i don't want to use a random proxy and or pay for one because of privacy issues

again

thanks for any help

D

5. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

It's not that simple, if you want to run spire with your GF siri account you need to setup a proxy server on a dedicated linux machine which acts as server and is always on, with your spire you can than connect to that server and use siri.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNVV1K9GmUA&feature=related

I suggest you go for a pay service, from your reactions i understand your are not very familliar with programming and don't grasp the basics needed for getting spire to work on an IP4 (YET).

Pay services are as cheap as $15 one time, a few are already mentioned on the forum:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1311724

Or just wait until you get your own 4S!!