Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JoshuaMoraski

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2018
Schenectady, New York
So, I just switched over to a HomeKit Router and changed everything in the house. I even reset and created a new home. It’s all done now but the other user in the home cannot control a scene with her iPhone using voice commands, Siri says “I cannot find anything in the home like that”. Yet if she opens the app up or uses the HomePod it works. Also, on my iPhone I can use the voice commands and it works.

It’s just her iPhone and iPad that won’t trigger the scene using a voice command, and I don’t know what to do.

Any help is appreciated thank you.

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
if it's been less than a couple hours, I'd give it time sometimes it just stops working for a bit

you can try rebooting eveything --- phones, home hubs, router.
that might help, and probably won't hurt anything.

Reactions: JoshuaMoraski

JoshuaMoraski

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2018
Schenectady, New York
if it's been less than a couple hours, I'd give it time sometimes it just stops working for a bit

you can try rebooting eveything --- phones, home hubs, router.
that might help, and probably won't hurt anything.
It has been 2 days and I’ve rebooted everything including her iPhone, AppleTVs, HomePods, and Linksys Velop Nodes. I’m going to remove her from the home and see if that helps but any other suggestions are appreciated!

srl7741

macrumors 68020
Jan 19, 2008
GMT-6
What model of iPhone is she using? What iOS version? What happens if she turns off WiFi and uses cell signal only? Did everything work ok before switching over to the new HomeKit router?

JoshuaMoraski

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2018
Schenectady, New York
What model of iPhone is she using? What iOS version? What happens if she turns off WiFi and uses cell signal only? Did everything work ok before switching over to the new HomeKit router?
Yes everything worked before I added the HomeKit Router. She has an iPhone 11 Pro Max running iOS 14.3. It doesn’t work on WiFi or Cellular which is really confusing me to what is going wrong here!

srl7741

macrumors 68020
Jan 19, 2008
GMT-6
I suspect the Linksys Velop router is causing all your headaches. Things all worked fine before adding that so look over all it's settings. I've never used one of those routers so I can't help much with those settings, maybe someone else will chime in who has one or has used one. Keep your old router handy just in case you can't solve the problem with the new one.

Bogstandard

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2018
Mid West
I have a similar problem That started about a week ago.
It will switch on motored devices like the shredder, but will not switch on/off a bulb.
It says it cannot set schedules.

dotme

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Iowa
To be clear, you set up a new home... then invited the second user into the home? Long shot here, but is it possible that when she uses Siri, it's looking at her "My Home" and not the shared home?

When I added the missus, I first renamed the Home on my account to "Our Home" so I could tell which was which on her device. Then on her device, I actually removed "My Home" so the only home she could see was the shared one.

JoshuaMoraski

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2018
Schenectady, New York
To be clear, you set up a new home... then invited the second user into the home? Long shot here, but is it possible that when she uses Siri, it's looking at her "My Home" and not the shared home?

When I added the missus, I first renamed the Home on my account to "Our Home" so I could tell which was which on her device. Then on her device, I actually removed "My Home" so the only home she could see was the shared one.
I’m going to try this now thanks for the information!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.